A Tall Order - Timber Frame Designed to Capture the Natural Environment and Incorporate All of the Must-Haves
The team at Normerica was up for the challenge of designing a completely custom timber frame cottage incorporating a tall list of must-haves to meet Todd and Annette's family's needs. The project is featured in Dockside Magazine in its recent Dockside Summer 2022 Edition.
“A timber frame is a passion build. It’s not a place to live… it’s a place you get to spend time in. It’s an extension and expression of the elements around you that brings you to a place that feels very calm and warm.”
The Dockside Magazine article features an interview with the owners, Todd and Annette, discussing the process and their priorities when designing and building their completely custom timber frame cottage:
- Todd was drawn in by the natural materials used in timber frame builds and was keen on creating a cottage that would feel both traditional and modern at the same time.
- Normerica was selected, in part, due to their extensive catalogue of house plans and beautifully photographed completed projects which gave Todd and Annette the vote of confidence they were looking for.
- Priorities for the timber frame design included a minimum of 5 bedrooms and play area for their large family, a large mudroom and laundry, and substantial closets and storage areas.
- Another must-have for the family was a large outdoor dining area with a seamless connection to the indoors to allow for entertaining friends and family.
- Normerica worked collaboratively with the homeowners and builder to create a flawless, fully custom timber frame cottage.
Todd remarked that he would build with Normerica again, without question and added:
“It was a very effective design process. And they delivered”
Need a custom timber frame home designer that will work with you to design a cottage that meets your list of must-haves?
Download the Timber Frame Residential Construction Guide Now!